Friday, September 14, 2007

Cheese Stands Among Fromage on This One

After a busy season of open bars, bridal bouquets and the last minute scramble for a dress, the 2007 wedding season is drawing to a close. As I delicately shoved the fifth (yes thats five) piece of wedding cake into my mouth a few weeks ago, I realized just how young the brides and grooms seem at all of these festivities. Granted the weddings I attended were all rare cases of successful young love, at 23, I can't help but wonder, "what's the rush?"We often joke at copa that I will be in the caboose of the wedding train, albeit in jest, it is firmly rooted in truth. For once it seems, the cheese does not stand alone:

According to a recent study published in the USA Today:

"Almost three-quarters of men and almost two-thirds of women in their 20s in 2006 said they had never been married, according to Census data released today that shows a sharp increase in never-married twentysomethings in just six years."

No comments: