Monday, March 3, 2008

If I Can Donate Almost 12" of Hair, You Can Donate Some Money

On Sunday, April 13th I will be donating between 10-12" of my hair to Locks of Love as part of the annual Buzzing for Change event held at GW.  The first time I did this it was completely on a whim and it took me about a week to emotionally recover (partially due to Pro Euro's mangling of my hair).  Three years have gone by and my hair, and my ego, has fully recovered... so why not do it again?
While I don't require that you all be there when I "do the deed", I would appreciate your support via donations which will go to an organization called Special Love.

****************************************
Buzzing4Change is a student org that raises awareness and money for children who are suffering from cancer. Since 2003, we have raised almost $75,000 for these children. Through a donation of time, hair, or money, you can help to continue our support for this cause. Donations of hair go to Locks of Love (LoL), an organization that makes wigs for children with cancer. Money raised goes to Special Love, a camp in Northern Virginia, which provides year-round support and activities for those affected by childhood cancer.

Something as simple as a haircut can have such a huge impact on the life of a child, so you should definitely consider supporting this cause! Many choose to buzz their heads as a symbol of solidarity, but you can definitely donate at your own comfort level! Hair donations between 6 and 10 inches are sold to offset LoL’s overhead costs, and donations of 10 or more inches are used to make wigs.

For those of you who have been to our event in the past, it is always a great time! We are still working out a line-up of performers, but will let you know when details are set.

Please help us spread the word about Buzzing by inviting your friends to this event. I’ll be cutting about a foot of hair, and some of our E-board will be buzzing their heads, so definitely consider donating in some way! This is a great cause, and we’re hoping for another great turnout this year!!

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to email me at sbsegal@gwu.edu
****************************************

No comments: